The eldest news about a site of an ancient settlement were brought to us by M. Lüssner, A. Jirásek, L. Šnajdr and J. Axamit, archaeologists and homeland studies research workers. Mořic Lüsner´s name is also narrowly tied to the locality. His work Collectanea archeologica et topographica contains the eldest preserved map of the oppidum.
In 1911, L. Šnajdr published a description of the locality in the Primeval Times magazine. His description of uncovered red-painted ceramics is very precious mostly because its rare presence in the oppidum in the coming years. J.Axamit also spotted its absence and published another descrition of the locality in 1919. Besides the bulwarks, he mentioned the internal organization of the area. He noted that the surface findings of pottery were majorly limited to the central part of the oppidum and the acropolis.
During the second half of the twentieth century, the fortification of the oppidum was damaged by various landowner activities. A comity of experts was called into the community of Hradiště in order to come up with an understanding with the landowners. The owners of these grounds committed themselves to not touch the rest of the fortification and to reduce the plowing that continually damaged the archaeological structures in the subsoil.The locality was referred to as a Celtic oppidum for the first time in 1943.
The area was also progressively subjected to ruin by country house constructions, especially after the foundation of the dam of Křižanovice from 1947 to 1952. In order to insure an on-going protection of the locality, in 1965, it was pronounced a listed archaeological reservation under the name of „České Lhotice“
The research was led by the archaeologist JUDr. Milan Princ. The first search season took place in 1971. During this first season important knowledge has already been acquired about the locality´s structure and chronology. It has also been decided, that a systematic archeological research will follow the declaratory probe. The search of the fortification, the relics of the ruined southwestern forcipate gate and the interior surface of the oppidum followed (1972–1987).
In the 80´s, J. Boček conducted an extensive surface prospection. At the present time, Mgr. Alžběta Danielisová, Ph. D. handles the research work on the oppida. The archaeological findings are stored in the Chrudim Regional Museum, in the East-Bohemian Museum in Pardubice and in the Museum of Eastern Bohemia in Hradec Králové.
Created by Visio.